- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Point Stuart, NT
- Product code: KAK
We have a rest stop by the South Alligator River and then continue past lush floodplains and billabongs reaching Ubirr Rock - one of the truly breathtaking sites of this World Heritage National Park. Ubirr Rock is famous for its rock art sites. There are three main galleries of art accessible to visitors. From the top there is a panoramic view of the surrounding floodplains and escarpments.
** March and April Kakadu Tours will go to Nuorlangie and not Ubirr or Cahills Crossing as roads are restricted at this time of year. Nuorlangie is an equally amazing destination with an abundance of rock art and stories to explore. Walk along the trails to Gunwarddehwardde Lookout where you can observe the impressive Arnhem Land escarpment with its sandstone cliffs and expansive savanna woodlands.
Enjoy a tasty picnic lunch where you will enjoy stunning views over the wetlands and an incredible variety of birdlife. The return journey to Wildman later in the afternoon.
Kakadu is an expansive World Heritage area and a long drive is required to see the best of it. Extended periods of time in a vehicle can be expected. There are plenty of stops to stretch the legs but please do not choose this tour if you cannot endure motor vehicle travel of up to 6 hours in total. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat and sunscreen.
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat and sunscreen. The level of difficulty on this tour is low, with some walking and a small incline. It is suitable for most age groups.
- The tour schedule can change slightly from day to day due to weather and road conditions.
- There is an additional ticket entry fee to go to Kakadu National Park. You can choose to pre-purchase your ticket with Wildman Wilderness Lodge or purchase individually online. The cost is the same.
- Lunch includes items such as BBQ chicken or sandwich meats and a selection of salads, bread and cold drinks. If you have any special dietary requirements you should let us know 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour date.
This tour is available to both in-house guests and visitors.