- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Point Stuart, NT
- Product code: KAK
Our Kakadu day tour gets an early start, departing the lodge and heading out along the Arnhem Highway towards the world-famous Kakadu National Park.
Enjoy a quick stop at the South Alligator River and then continue past lush floodplains and billabongs reaching Ubirr Rock for a breathtaking escarpment view. Ubirr is also famous for its rock art sites, where there are three main galleries accessible to visitors.
After learning about the history and rock art take a break and enjoy a picnic lunch.
You will also get an opportunity to check out one of the local visitor centres where you can see and learn more about the flora, fauna and indigenous culture of this region, before heading back to Wildman Wilderness Lodge.
Kakadu is an expansive World Heritage area and a long drive is required to see the best of it. Please wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat and sunscreen.
The level of difficulty on this tour is medium, with some walking up a medium incline at Ubirr and is suitable for most age groups.
- The tour schedule can change slightly from day to day depending on weather and road conditions.
- There is an additional ticket entry fee to go to Kakadu National Park. You can choose to pre-purchase your ticket with Wildman Wilderness Lodge or purchase individually online. The cost is the same.
- Lunch includes items such as BBQ chicken or sandwich meats and a selection of salads, bread and cold drinks. If you have any special dietary requirements you should let us know 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour date.
- During April, some Kakadu tours will go to Nourlangie and not Ubirr or Cahills Crossing if roads are closed due to flooding. Nourlangie is an equally amazing destination with an abundance of rock art and stories to explore.
At Nourlangie, you will walk along the trails to Gunwarddehwardde Lookout where you can observe the impressive Arnhem Land escarpment with its sandstone cliffs and expansive savanna woodlands.
This tour is available to both in-house guests and visitors.